Costs Enforcement Advisor
Location:Liverpool and Merseyside
We are currently recruiting on behalf of our client, one of the leading national personal injury practices in the UK. They are looking to appoint a Costs Enforcements Advisor to work within their Litigation department at their offices in Liverpool.
- Deal with all aspects of litigated and non – litigated cost enforcement
- Have a good working knowledge of the CPR and/or and other relevant case law and/or legislation and progressing claims in a timely manner in accordance with the CPR
- Have an ability to issue applications for agreed costs, Part 7 enforcement proceedings, and/or Part 8 enforcement proceedings
- Liaise with external enforcement agents and /or costs draftsmen as necessary
- Bill clients for outstanding fees as and when necessary
- Monitor and recover where necessary any historical debt and/or outstanding disbursements
- Preparation of MOJ cost calculations and costs schedules as and when needed
- Take a pragmatic commercial approach to recovery of costs and litigation/cost risks
- Prioritise urgent schedule entries and dealing with remainder of daily tasks on To Do list
- Escalate any matters to Head of Costs as and when necessary
Knowledge, Experience and Skills Required:
- An, ILEX qualified or file handler of at least 2 years’ experience in the area of litigation.
- A proven track record of running a successful caseload of litigated cases.
- Excellent client care and analytical skills.
- The ability to liaise and build up a rapport by using effective communication with all external agencies during the life of a claim.
- Good IT skills with a sound working knowledge of Solcase or a similar case management system and essential MS Office knowledge.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, with a calm and methodical approach to work, and a flexible and adaptable attitude to resolving issues.
If you wish to apply for this vacancy then please call Christine on 0151 3631707 or email your CV to Christine@piplegal.co.uk